Grade 4, £24,529 - £26,048 per annum pro rata
Approximate pro rata £18,353 - £19,489 per annum (0.74820 FTE)
About us and the role
We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled individual to take on the role of Communications Assistant for Specialist Resource Provision. The successful candidate will have a passion for helping children achieve their full potential in a team which values creativity, innovation and commitment, focusing on enabling children to learn well in engaging ways.
Avanti Grange Secondary School opened in September 2022 on the site of our new primary school, Avanti Meadows, before moving to a new, permanent site in September 2023. The school opened with 4 forms of entry (120 Year 7 students only) in September 2022 rising to 6 form of entry (180 Year 7 students) from September 2023.One of the many things that makes Avanti Grange Secondary School distinctive is its values-based approach to education. We encourage students to value self, others and the environment and empower them to be effective learners as well as good and responsible citizens.
We will develop resilient, communicative, and organised young people, the leaders of the future with drive and initiative. We will seek to create an environment where we can all live and thrive together, where the conditions for growth are ideal.
Our students will be:
- Courageous - with a strength to stand up for their beliefs and values
- Curious - with a love for lifelong learning
- Resilient - with no self-imposed limits
Avanti Grange Secondary School is part of Avanti Schools Trust, a successful and growing multi-academy trust (MAT) with a track record of delivering strong outcomes for children. The majority of our schools are significantly over-subscribed.
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- great opportunities for professional development
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
- plus many more
What will you do?
- Work with children with SLCN/ and or Autism, providing support and interventions in the SRP as directed by the Hub Inclusion Lead, Specialist Teacher or Speech and Language Therapist, using evidence-based intervention and strategies.
- Develop and implement individual and group intervention plans in the SRP, following guidance from the Hub Inclusion Lead, Specialist Teacher or Speech and Language Therapist.
- Support the delivery of Speech and Language Therapy programmes in the SRP as directed by the Hub Inclusion lead, Specialist Teacher or Speech and Language Therapist.
- Record and report on the progress of children with SLCN, providing regular updates to the Hub Inclusion Lead, Specialist Teacher or Speech and Language Therapist.
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals involved in the provision of SLCN support.
- Support students from the SRP in the mainstream classroom.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience working with children with SLCN and/or Autism is desirable but not essential.
- A qualification in Speech and Language Therapy, or a related field, is desirable but not essential.
- A patient, empathetic, and caring approach when working with children who may display challenging behaviour.
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Grange Secondary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.