Salary: Grade 2, £22,665. (Approximately £15,709 pro rata per annum (0.69309 FTE)
About us and the role
We are looking for an innovative and inspirational Teaching Assistant who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, dedicated and talented professional to join our school. Krishna Avanti Primary School is an inclusive Hindu faith school that provides a warm, friendly and engaging learning environment for children from all backgrounds and walks of live. Staff and students at the school do not originate from any specific faith background. Applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none.
The staff at Krishna Avanti Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our staff to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- great opportunities for professional development
- LGPS pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
- plus many more
What will you do?
- To work under the specific supervision, instruction and guidance of the class teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom.
- To work with a child with ASD diagnosis and who has an EHCP in place.
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the organisation and management of pupils and the classroom.
- To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Experience of working with relevant age group within a learning environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements within a school setting
- High degree of drive, resilience and enthusiasm
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.